City & Guilds 2377-77
This is a two-day course designed not only for electricians, but also those who are responsible for the maintenance and/or inspection and testing of electrical equipment in the workplace.
The course has been specifically designed to train electricians in the routine inspection and testing procedures for all common types of portable and transportable equipment. Particular reference is made to the precautions to be taken when testing computers and other IT equipment.
It is based on the recommendations of the IEE Code of Practice for the In Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. Delegates should bring a copy with them if possible.
The course serves as excellent preparation for candidates who wish to take the City and Guilds 2377-77 examination. This is an online test of 50 Multiple Choice questions taking 1hr 40 mins)
Delegates will be instructed in:-
- The dangers involved in the use of portable equipment
- Types and classifications of equipment
- Inspection procedures for appliances and their cables
- Methods of testing different types of appliances
- Determination of results
- Record keeping
We provide up to date test equipment for the practical training session, but we encourage delegates who have their own testers to bring them along.
Delegates taking the C&G 2377-77 examination should be in possession of a copy of The IET Code of Practice for The Routine Inspection and Testing Of Electrical Equipment (ISBN 978-1-78561-966-3) available from The IET, major bookstores or online suppliers.
Course duration : 2 days plus one hour C&G online examination by arrangement
Cost: £360 + VAT per delegate. Cost includes C&G entry fees.
Click to book online.
- 25 Jul 2022 - 26 Jul 2022 – Peter Dawson Training, Carlisle
- 19 Sep 2022 - 20 Sep 2022 – Peter Dawson Training, Carlisle
- 27 Oct 2022 - 28 Oct 2022 – Peter Dawson Training, Carlisle